This rich, moist red velvet pound cake is unbelievably decadent and the perfect festive holiday dessert!
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 1 hr
Calories: 584 kcal
For the cake:
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups bananas mashed
For the frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 cups powder sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate shavings
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a loaf pan by greasing the bottom and sides with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a standing mixer, combine the dry cake mix, oil, eggs, and mashed bananas.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes at 350°F. (Note: Exact baking time may vary with your oven – cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.)
- When cake is done baking, remove from oven and place loaf pan on a wire cooling rack to come down to room temperature.
For the cream cheese icing:
- Using a standing mixer, combine softened butter and cream cheese, powdered sugar, whipping cream, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until we-llcombined and stiff peaks form.
- When ready to frost and decorate, remove red velvet loaf from pan and place on cutting board or serving dish.
- If using cream cheese icing, scoop into a plastic frosting bag for easy application. If using our white chocolate glaze, simply pour the warm glaze slowly over the cake so that it hardens as you pour.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings and candy canes before glaze completely sets. Allow frosting to set completely before cutting.
- Let frosting harden for about 10 minutes before enjoying.