Candy Cane Sugar Cookies: Soft sugar cookies dipped in rich white chocolate and crushed peppermint candies. A wintery tasting treat and one of our favorite Christmas cookie recipes!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Calories: 333 kcal
- 1 cup butter unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 bag white chocolate Ghiradelli melting wafers
- 2 cups crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar. Whisk together until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar and butter and mix (using a hand mixer or stand mixer) until creamy.
- Add in egg, egg yolk, vanilla and peppermint extract to stand mixer bowl and continue mixing.
- Gradually add bowl of dry ingredients to bowl of batter. As you mix, scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure that all ingredients are incorporated into the batter.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion dough onto the cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes. Cookies will be slightly under-baked.
- While cookies cool, melt the white chocolate using a double boiler.
- Dip half of each cookie into the melted white chocolate and set back on the cookie sheet to dry.
- Once all cookies are dipped, sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Let cookies dry fully, then enjoy!