Easy recipe for cute and colorful Easter Bunny Cupcakes made with Peeps!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Calories: 275 kcal
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 box Carrot cake mix
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
For the Frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar not packed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pastel sprinkles
- 24 Peeps bunny candy
To make the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cake mix, butter, milk, vanilla and eggs on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase to medium speed for 2 additional minutes.
- Pour into baking cups in cupcake pan, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake 17-22 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
To make the frosting:
- Cream together the cream cheese and the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time. Add in the vanilla extract.
- Cut out a whole in the center of cupcake in which to place a Peep. You want the bottom 1/3 of the Peep to fit inside the cupcake so it will stay in place.
- Pipe your frosting over cupcakes around the Peep candy using a star pastry tip for a “grass” effect. Top with sprinkles and enjoy!