A festive twist on traditional Hershey’s kiss cookies, these Double Chocolate Peppermint Blossoms combine the two favorite flavors of the holiday season!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Servings: 24 cookies
Calories: 211 kcal
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 24 unwrapped peppermint kisses
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a standing mixer, cream butter with granulated sugar and light brown sugar until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Add peppermint extract, then add eggs one at a time and mix just until incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to your bowl of wet ingredients, 1/2 cup at a time. Mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Roll dough into small balls by hand, about the size of a ping-pong ball. Place on two prepared cookie sheets, leaving space between dough to bake.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350°F.
- While cookies are baking, melt milk chocolate chips using a double boiler or a microwave-safe bowl (be sure to only heat in 15-20 second increments, stirring between, and handle bowl with care as it may become hot).
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool 2-3 minutes. While cookies are still warm, gently press one peppermint kiss candy into the top of each cookie.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies and allow chocolate to set before serving or storing.