These cool Frozen Cake Pops are are gorgeous winter treat and they’re as tasty as they look! Perfect to celebrate the release of the new Frozen II movie!
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 21 mins
Freeze Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 21 mins
Servings: 20 Cake Pops
Calories: 214 kcal
- 1 Box Funfetti Cake Mix + ingredients listed on box
- 1 Container Blue frosting OR Vanilla Frosting + blue food coloring
- 1 Bag Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Blue and White Confetti Sprinkles optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Mix up the cake batter according to package directions, then scoop into your prepared cupcake pan.
- Bake cupcakes at 350°F for 21 minutes (or box directions).
- Remove from oven and carefully take the cupcakes out of the pan to cool.
- Once cool, remove liners and crumble the cake into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 Tablespoon frosting to the crumbled cake and mix.
- Continue adding frosting as needed until you have a thick dough-like consistency.
- Form dough into balls, using about 1 Tablespoon of batter for each.
- Continue until all cake mix is formed into balls. If making cake pops, add sticks now.
- Place cake balls onto a plate and into the freezer for 30 minutes until set.
- While cake freezes, prepare the white chocolate.
- Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate until smooth.
- Using a fork or chopsticks, carefully dip each cake ball into melted chocolate until fully coated. Allow excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl.
- Place cake balls back onto plate or cookie sheet to dry.
- While the chocolate coating is still wet, add confetti sprinkles to the top of the cake balls.
- Repeat until all cake balls are covered in chocolate or sprinkles.
- Allow chcoolate to set fully.