This creamy, Easy Lemon Fudge Recipe is bursting with fresh and zesty lemon flavour. With a base of white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk, this fudge recipe is simple and super quick to make.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
SERVINGS: 36 pieces
- 3-4 lemons (notes)
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 can (395ml / 14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 550 g (2 3/4 cups) white chocolate, roughly chopped
- zest of 1/2 a lemon
- Yellow food colouring
- Sprinkles or edible glitter
- Line an 8×8 inch square baking tin with baking paper.
- To make the lemon simple syrup, use a peeler to peel just the yellow part of one lemon (you don’t want the white part).
- Juice the lemons until you have 1/2 cup of strained lemon juice (make sure it’s free of pulp and pips).
- Place the peel from one lemon, lemon juice and sugar in a small heavy-based saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring it to a boil and cook stirring every so often for 7-10 minutes, until thickened and reduced by about half. It should be the colour of very pale honey. Set aside.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk, butter and white chocolate in a medium heavy-based saucepan. Stir over low-medium heat, without boiling, until everything is melted and combined.
- Take it off the heat and add the lemon syrup, lemon zest and a drop or two of yellow food colouring (if using). Mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking tin. Top with sprinkles.
- Leave for 30 minutes to cool at room temperature, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into squares and serve.