Using fresh, sweet mangoes, this creamy Homemade Mango Curd is just so easy and quick to make. It’s gorgeous served as a topping on scones, pavlova, pancakes and so much more.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
SERVINGS: 30 serves
- 1 cup mango puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (8 teaspoons) (notes)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks, from large eggs
- 115 g unsalted butter, cubed and cold
- Whisk together the mango, sugar, lemon juice, eggs and egg yolks in a heavy based saucepan over low heat. Stir over low-medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cold butter 3-4 pieces at a time, stirring until each addition is melted and incorporated.
- Turn the heat to low and continue stirring and cooking the mixture for 2-3 minutes until it is thickened and coats the back of a spoon or leaves a thick coating on the side of the pan when you tilt it. (Test by drawing a line through the curd on the back of the spoon and the line should not drip)
- Pour into sterilised conserve jars and store in the fridge.