Decadent gingerbread truffles coated in smooth white chocolate — an easy no bake Christmas treat that is perfect for gifting!
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 2 mins
Total Time: 32 mins
Calories: 171 kcal
- 1 package golden Oreos or similar sandwich cookies 36 cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 Tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 bag white melting chocolate
- 1 package gingerbread icing transfers
- Place cookies in blender or food processor and chop until they’ve reached a sand-like consistency.
- Pour crushed oreos into a large mixing bowl. Add softened cream cheese and mix using stand mixer or hand mixer until well combined.
- Mix in the molasses, ginger and cinnamon.
- Place bowl of batter in the fridge for about 3 hours until it firms up.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or melon baller, scoop some of the truffle batter into your hand and roll into an even ball.
- Place onto a cookie sheet or non-stick silicon baking mat.
- Once all the truffle is rolled, place in the fridge for about 20 minutes to set.
- When the truffle batter is almost ready, prepare the white chocolate. Melt in 15-20 second intervals, stirring in between, until smoothy melted. (Make sure to use a microwave-safe bowl and handle with care, as bowl may be hot).
- Dip each truffle into the melted white chocolate, turning until entire surface is coated. Allow excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. (Tip: If you’re handy with chopsticks, they work great for this step!)
- Place dipped truffles back onto your baking sheet and press one of the gingerbread icing decorations onto the top of each one.
- Return finished gingerbread truffles to the fridge for at least 10 minutes to harden